FREIGHT BROKER DISPATCHER
Great Career Opportunity, Fun Work Environment, and Benefits!
At Global Transport Service, Inc. we hire highly motivated, energetic self-starters with a strong work ethic. Our high-performance team is driven, empowered, and dedicated to providing unparalleled customer service. This dispatcher position offers rewarding opportunities and a comprehensive benefits package for the right individual with transportation, third party logistics, and freight broker skills and experience. Along with professional tools, resources, and necessary training, Navigator Direct offers a positive, fun, and team-oriented culture
- Outbound phone calls to solicit and match carriers with available loads.
- Take inbound calls for carrier availability and maintain that information for future use.
- Develop relationships with core carriers and sell those carriers the benefits of using our service.
- Responsible for coordinating and overseeing the movement of each load from dispatch to delivery for assigned shipper customer.
- Traces shipments as needed by making outbound calls and querying carrier websites to determine shipment status.
- Provides pricing information to shipper representatives as needed.
- Trains, explains tasks, and assists in the solution of problems.
- Searches company records using company TMS system and provides necessary information and/or reports to customers and/or team members.
- Resolves customer questions related to shipments in transit as needed.
- Responds to requests via telephone or email, using personal computer when necessary.
- Has knowledge of TMS system, delivery and transit times, and various telemarketing skills.
- Receives customers’ requests by telephone or email, analyzes requests, provides information requested or ascertains who can best provide the information, and routes the request to the proper person.
- Analyzes transactions, corrects records, and adjusts errors.
As a 3PL dispatcher, you will interact with carriers and customers to provide information in response to inquiries, properly match shipments to appropriate carriers, and negotiate rates. On a daily basis, you will provide supply and demand information. Trouble shoot issues as they arise, provide necessary shipment status to team members and customers, as well as handle and resolve complaints.
We offer a matching retirement plan, paid personal leave, plus seven paid holidays annually. We will pay 100% of health insurance premiums for employee which includes: medical, dental, and vision. We also provide Life and Disability Insurance at no additional cost.
WHO WE ARE:
Founded in 2001, Navigator Direct, Inc. is a successful Third Party Logistics (3PL) company. We strive for continuous improvement, collaboration, and inspiring one another towards greatness. We have an open communication atmosphere and focus on building long lasting partnerships with our customers and carriers. Our top performers exhibit ninja-like multitasking prowess. If you have the talent, “roll up your sleeves” attitude, and transportation qualifications to be on our freight broker team, send us your resume with a cover letter.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND:
One year minimum of hospitality, customer service, and/or freight logistics experience in the 3PL industry. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Pleasant telephone voice/manner. Competent with Microsoft products. Ability to compose correspondence and think on your feet. Work with a sense of urgency while paying attention to detail. Knowledge of what it means to provide excellent customer service.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or GED mandatory, college degree preferred.
SALARY RANGE: Salary will be dependent on experience.
LOCATION: Billings, MT
APPLICATION PROCESS: Candidates must provide a cover letter and resume for consideration.